Building A Fixed Screen
This guide describes how to build a fixed frame projector screen with wooden beams and a staple gun. This is only an example, and there are many alternative methods available, but the basic principles are the same.
Here at PSM we want to make your project as easy as possible for you. So if you want to just quickly run your plans by us, or want an in-depth discussion regarding your specific needs please dont hesitate to get in contact.
1) Gather supplies
- 1) Staple Gun
- 2) Saw
- 3) Screwdriver
- 4) Tape Measure
- 1) Staples
- 2) Wooden Beams ~ 3" x 1"
- 3) Screws
- 4) L & T-Brackets
2) Build your frame
The frame provides the strength and tension to the screen. If your building a large screen use a 3rd vertical beam for added support!
- Calculate the height and width of your screen with our screen size calculator
- Cut the wooden beams to correct dimensions
- Join beams together with L & T-Brackets to form the frame
3) Attach your screen to the frame
- Lay the projector screen material face down placing the frame on top
- Fold material around frame. Starting from the centres fix the material under tension, working gradually towards the corners
4) Attach DeepBlack border tape and you done!